For various purposes, you may need high-quality copyright FREE images that you can use to stand out from the crowd. It’s possible and there are many websites where you can find them.
We are about to share the “Top 10 copyright FREE image websites” from where you can easily download and use high-resolution, royalty-free photos for all commercial and personal uses.
You need to understand a few things, before actually hoping on to the top 10 copyright-free websites list.
What you can’t use copyrighted images?
Is it bad for your website’s SEO?
Will there be any penalty or lawbreaking?
What is the US fair use policy?
We will discuss all of it in detail. Just stick with this post for 10 mins and you will find something really valuable for your online business and social media presence.
Yes, that’s true. All these queries will be answered at the bottom. Let’s take a look at our top 10 websites for copyright-free images.
Top 10 COPYRIGHT free image websites:
Let’s list them first and will discuss them only be one in detail later. So, here we have the 10 best websites for downloading royalty-free images for your blog post, website, and other personal or commercial uses.
- Vista Create
Well, that’s really cool. On this blog, I often talk about SEO, web development, money-making strategies, and obviously the best tips and tricks.
This requires great content as well as highly engaging, related to the topic, and royalty-free images to easily get my post ranked in Google search results.
These websites help me to find the best blog posts.
But, all the websites are not the same. Each of them has its own database, quality of images, and certain limitations. That’s why we keep looking at different websites to find the best match for our requirements.
So, it’s time to learn in detail about each platform to find the PROS and CONS before your visit to find the best royalty-free photos.
It’s the best website you ever needed. There is no limit on the downloadable image size, but for free images, you are expected to give credit to the publisher.
Like the first one, this is a great website to find royalty-free images for commercial and personal uses. It has over 2.7 million+ high-quality stock images, videos, and music shared by its talented community.
Pros and cons:
- It is always free and has over 2.7 million images, videos, and music for your next project.
- All the images and videos are available in high quality and different aspect ratios.
- Sometimes you may not find the best match for your needs.
Canva is the best, free, and easy-to-use graphics designing tool for all kinds of websites and purposes. But, it’s not limited to that only. You get high-quality images and templates in 100+ categories for your needs.
Pros and cons:
Canva is free and powerful but sometimes, you may need extra things.
- It offers free as well as paid options to find the best images, flat icons, infographics templates, and much more for your website, blog, and business purpose.
- The paid version is a little expensive for ASIAN countries like Pakistan and Nepal.
- Easy to drag and drop to build your preferred banner and images.
- Most font variations are paid, though you can create great designs using free ones like me.
Pexels has a community of 10oK+ publishers and over 100 image categories to download copyright-free images. Each category has nearly 5000 to 10000 images and is available in high quality to download for personal and professional uses.
Pros and cons:
- It’s 100 free to use.
- All images are available in good quality.
- 100+ categories and 100K+ images.
- Sometimes it’s hard to find the best one per our needs.
Unsplash is a very old and trusted source for high-quality images. Lately, it was acquired by a company named Getty Images. It has over 265k contributors and 3.48 million plus images in its library.
Surprisingly, I get 16 million impressions and help millions of users to find the best high-quality images and graphics for their personal and professional uses.
It’s a great place to find the best and most high-quality royalty-free images.
Pros And Cons:
Unsplash is an awesome website that is deeply dedicated to proprietary stock photography.
- A growing library of over 3.48 million photos.
- It gets over 16 million impressions on Google.
- Trusted by 265K+ contributors and millions of users.
- You can upload your images to make money.
- Ever since it has been acquired by a giant photography company, It has lost its charm. It’s becoming hard to find high-priority and influential images.
Burst is a free stock photo platform that is powered by Shopify. Its image library includes thousands of high-resolution, royalty-free images that were shot by its global community of photographers. It gives bloggers, developers, freelancers, and entrepreneurs FREE access to high-quality STOCK images. You can use them for your banners, blog images, Instagram posts and anywhere you like.
Shopify is a very reputed e-Commerce solution provider across the Globe. It’s a NASDAQ-listed company that has millions of e-commerce websites running on its SASS platform.
It’s their extra effort to get more valuable customers and help young entrepreneurs.
Pros And Cons:
- It has a great vertical and high resolutions image database.
- The best fit to find top-quality images for your e-Commerce website, blog, and social media posts.
- You’re welcome to crop, resize, add text and filters, or otherwise modify our stock photos as you see fit.
- In fact, they highly encourage commercial use, as many of its collections were created with entrepreneurs in mind.
- Yet you may and may not find local and regional images on this platform occasionally.
This website was founded in 2001 to contribute to the entrepreneurial community by Peter Hamza. “Freeiamges” provide high resolution, PSD, FREE STOCK photos, Vectors, clipart, Icons, and illustrations.
Pros And Cons:
- 100% Free Stock Images.
- Trusted by millions of users and was there since 2001.
- Have both paid and free options to support the community.
- No sign-up is required.
- A very limited selection of images.
8. Vista Create
Just like CANVA, this a great tool for finding high-quality royalty-free images as well as you can design your preferred, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or any other posts.
- 100K+ professionally designed templates
- 70M+ royalty-free photos, videos, and vectors
- Brand Kits with your own colors, logos, and fonts
- Background remover, eraser, and sticker maker tools
- Team account with up to 10 members
- Free fonts, music, animations, backgrounds, and objects
Pros And Cons:
- 70M+ royalty-free photos, videos, and vectors.
- 100K+ professionally designed templates to cut short the work you need for professional templates.
- It makes it easy to create new designs but has some paid plans too.
- You must need signup before you use it.
This is also a great place to find the best high-quality images, vectors, and copyright-free images to use for your personal and professional uses.
However, it’s not entirely free.
Pros And Cons:
- It’s free to download high-quality images.
- You can only download 30 to 60 images a day.
- It has millions of high-quality copyright FREE images.
- You can also sell your own images on PNG-TREE.
- You can also find transparent png images, flyers, and much more.
Stunning library of over 1 million stock images and videos. Royalty free and safe for commercial use, with no attribution required.
Though this is a lesser-known website though it has a big library of high-quality well known images that you can use for personal and commercial purposes.
Pros And Cons:
- It’s 100% free to use any images.
- There are millions of high-quality images.
- Trusted by 1000s of users.
- Sometimes, you may not find some relevant images.
Q. What you can’t use copyrighted images?
Copyright simply means the explicit right to allow to use or not use of someone’s art, music, video, or any creatives (Contents). It’s against the law and unethical to use without any written permission from the original creator or who holds the rights to buy, sell or share.
However, it’s possible to use copyrighted images under certain situations without taking any permission. We will discuss that in the next questions.
Q. Is it bad for your website’s SEO?
Yes, it is. Google and any search engine don’t like to allow anyone to use copyrighted images in their posts or video without permission, or credit to buying the rights.
Q. Will there be any penalty or lawbreaking?
Yes, if the person who holds the right wants to sue you for using his digital assets in any manner, he can do it for sure and can ask for a reasonable about of money.
Q. What is the US fair use policy?
Fair use is the right to use a copyrighted work under certain conditions without permission of the copyright owner. The doctrine helps prevent a rigid application of copyright law that would stifle the very creativity the law is designed to foster.
In certain situations, as given above, you can surely use screenshots, images, and any copyrighted images without taking permission.
Undoubtedly, using copyrighted content or digital asset in any manner will ruin your website, blog, or channel SEO and may put you in the wrong situations.
That is why I have shared the Top 10 copyright free image websites list to help you find the best high-resolution images for your blog, Instagram, Facebook post, and any other personal and commercial uses.
No copyright images, high-resolution royalty-free stock images are the best that can add more value to your blog, however, you can also buy the rights.
Hope this post helps you to find and download top-quality photos for free.
It’s time to take a leave.
Mani Pathak is a Tech Geek And, SEO engineer who loves helping people to make money online and grow their businesses.
Tech News, WordPress, Tech Article, and How To And Make Money topics are his key areas where he loves to contribute. With 5 years of EXPERIENCE, he has been featured in several publications. Such as- Illumination.