If you want to build a successful career that doesn’t depend on 9 to 5 jobs and has no limit on your earnings, this is going to be a very helpful, interesting, and profitable opportunity for you.
The world is drastically changing, and people are giving value to their lives and time, especially after the Covid-19 outbreak.
Working from home is becoming the new trend and the first choice among entrepreneurs and job seekers. Freelancing is changing here the work culture and bringing new opportunities.
Just bear with us for the next 10 mins and read the post thoroughly and this will certainly help you to start a profitable freelancing journey. If it helps, please share.
You will learn (Contents):
- What is freelancing?
- Benefits of freelancing
- Skills needed for freelancing
- How to become a freelancer?
- Top freelancing websites
- What is a freelancer’s salary?
- High-paying freelancer jobs (skills)
What Is Freelancing?
Freelancing is a highly profitable, easy-to-start, and independent (work) business opportunity. You work for yourself and get paid based on what work you have completed.
It’s like a contract job. You outreach the independent employers, and companies with your service portfolio and if they need your services, they hire you independently to work from them on a project-by-project basis.
Yes, you don’t need to dedicate your 9 to 5 job or fixed working hours to any employer.
If you are a beginner or an experienced professional, there are enormous opportunities and roles for every industry type. You can work whenever and where ever you like.
You can choose any work opportunity as a freelancer from services like data entry, blog writing, video editing, consultancy, web designing, app development, marketing, designing, ICT, virtual assistant, social media management, UI/UX design, etc.
5 Benefits Of Freelancing
There are several benefits of working as a freelancer:
- Take any work of your choice and work whenever you like.
- Only you need a PC and a good internet connection.
- Freedom to take your desired price for every project you work on.
- You can take on different kinds of projects from different niches.
- In long run, you build a stable independent business and client base.
With that being said, it looks like a perfect choice for almost everyone. Even NASA hires freelancers to work on their projects sometimes.
Now, this is shocking!! Google’s workforce comprises 54% freelancers and contractors.
Well, that’s really the new #trend, and almost every job seeker or entrepreneur is looking for work-from-home job opportunities (freelancing).
Skills Needed For Becoming Freelancer
Freelancing is almost available for everyone. However, with a little effort, you can become a top-level freelancer and many domains.
- Communication and sales skills
- Research and proof-reading skills
- Web development
- Internet and computer proficiency
- Strong will to work
- Data entry and project management
- Customer support
How To Become A Freelancer?
Freelancing is the fastest growing industry and on average 70% of freelancers start earning more than their 9 to 5 jobs within the first year.
As you can see this opportunity is available to everyone interested in earning online whenever and wherever they like across the globe.
How To Become A Freelancer- For Beginners
1. Create A Portfolio (Profile)
Before you bring your freelancing career, you need to create an attractive work portfolio showing your previous work example, skills, and client references.
This portfolio could be a PPT, word document, or web page where you distinguish yourself from other freelancers and attract new projects (freelance work).
This is a very competitive but profitable niche.
2. Market your services (portfolio)
It’s time to reach the potential employers or agencies looking for your services. If you outreach to the right people with the right approach, you can certainly crack the deals.
» Ways to promote your freelancing services
There are several ways to find new freelancing opportunities:
- Engage in communities/ forums.
- Create and publish helpful videos on YouTube.
- Promote your freelancing services on Facebook and other social media groups and pages.
- Visit local businesses and offer your services.
- Create a blog or website to promote it there.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to work for you.
- Send cold emails or try PPC ads.
3. Attend webinars And Events
Socializing and meeting with like-minded people can help you to find in-depth strategies, knowledge, the right approach, and potential clients.
- Meet the industry leaders in your domain.
- Ask for popular YouTubers (freelancers) to help them.
- Send promotions emails. However, you will need an email list.
- Share your knowledge and people will start seeing help.
- Conduct online webinars and events where employers can connect and learn to grow their businesses with your help.
- Distribute free lectures, e-books, or tools to increase your reach.
- Try Linkedin for finding new leads.
This is my own freelancer profile where work independently. What could be better than this to get help from someone like me?
4. Register At Freelancing Websites
Unlike the other methods, this is going to be quite easy. Many users are earning more than $5000 from the first month with the help of freelancing websites.
Fortunately, there are many great websites where companies and independent entrepreneurs (employers) post their jobs to seek help from freelancers like you.
Best freelancer websites »
These are some very popular freelancing websites where you can create your profile and start finding the best projects based on your skills.
- Best freelancer websites you can join to grab the work.
|9||People Per Hour||https://www.peopleperhour.com|
- Create an attractive profile on these freelancing websites and list your services.
- Find the projects listed there using the search terms and bid on the projects.
- Sometimes, employers will come to you directly to see your reviews and gigs.
- Make sure to deliver the project in a committed time frame with 100% employer satisfaction. This will help you to get more and more projects.
- Engage on this platform on daily basis, this will help.
What is a freelancer’s salary?
Freelancing is like a business and there is no fixed salary for a freelancer. You can accept any freelance work at any desired price for your services.
It means, you are paid based on a project-by-project basis and you can charge any amount you feel genuine for that work. Many freelancers take $20 to $150 per hour for the work they take often do.
Top 5 Highest Paying Freelance Jobs
I have been working for nearly 5 years as a freelancer and this has certainly helped me a lot. However, I found some freelancing opportunities (services) are highly profitable while others make a little less.
These are some high-paying freelancer’s skills:
- Web designing/ development.
- Digital Marketing and SEO
- Video editing
- Content creation
- Graphic Designing
- CAD/CAM design
- Excel work
- PPT work
- Data entry
- Virtual support
There are the 10 best high-paying freelancing jobs.
Anyone can learn and become a freelancer. It takes hardly 2 weeks to learn skills like “WordPress”, data entry, or basic video editing.
You can also find virtual assistant jobs as a freelancer and help agencies or employers to manage and grow their businesses. Yes, it is all possible.
So far, we have discussed in detail “what is freelancer” and “how you can become a freelancer”. This post will be really helpful for you if you spare a few minutes to read it thoroughly.
For any other help, please feel free to contact us.
Tags: What Is Freelancing, #Freelancing #Fiverr #Upwork #Guru #Freelancer #WorkfromHome #OnlineBusiness #EarnOnline #Blog #Trulancer #WhatisFreelancing #Manipathak, What Is Freelancing
Mani is an SEO expert, tech enthusiast, web designer and performance marketer having 6 years of experience.
-Features in some of the world's best publications like Data Driven Investor, Illumination, The Writing Cooperative, and Making of Millenials.
Writes -- Make Money Online || SEO || Business Consulting